Friday, January 26, 2007

Fyodor Dostoevsky


The best author of any era. Timeless. The man who brought forth "Crime and Punishment", "The Brothers Karamazov", "The Idiot", and is responsible for countless others. I've encountered the big three, and they knocked me on my ass. When it comes to stating my religious beliefs, I'm a full on believer in only one God...'Dostoevsky'. He belittles all forms of religion in such kind, simple, and few words. Additionally, his expression on psychology, and articulating the thoughts hiding inside our less than happy selves is incredible.

Nietzsche said of Jesus: "it is regrettable that no Dostoevsky lived near him." He also stated "Dostoevsky was the only psychologist from whom I had anything to learn: he belongs to the happiest windfalls of my life, happier even than the discovery of Stendhal."

i recommend reading "the brothers Karamazov". here's a link on the man.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fyodor_Dostoevsky

No comments: