Friday, January 5, 2007

from writers

"If you take the writers away from their typewriters, all you'll have is the sickness that made them type in the beginning" - charles bukowski

"The worst tradgedy for a poet is to be admired through being misunderstood" -jean cocteau

"immature poets imitate; mature poets steal" -t.s.eliot

"in the end, the most interesting people always leave" - paulo coelho

"nothing is more refreshing than the unexpectedly familiar" -paul williams

"comfort murders the passion of the soul" -kahlil gibran

"life is rarely about what happened, it's mostly about what we think happened" -chuck klosterman

"mankind got it all wrong by taking a good idea and building a belief structure on it...its better to have ideas, you can change an idea, changing a belief is trickier, people die for it, people kill for it" -dogma

"we are kings or pawns" -count of monte cristo

"it made more sense to commit to nothing, keep my options open and that's suicide...by tiny, tiny increments" -high fidelity

"I feel I have a sound aborning which is my own, and that Sound if erratic is still my greatest pride, because I would rather write like a dancer shaking my ass to boogaloo inside my head, and perhaps reach only readers who like to use books to shake their asses, than to be or write for the man cloistered in a closet somewhere re-reading Aeschylus while this stupefying world careens crazily past his waxy windows toward its last raving sooty feedback pirouette." - lester bangs

No comments: